2020 has been a difficult year with the pandemic and 2021 is starting the same. When there is a relaxation of the Covid 19 lockdown please know that a number of new measures and protocols have been introduced by Challenge Fitness to be “Covid 19 safe”. Good hygiene practice has always been high in my studio and in group class and it is now further improved. Please read on for further information. The information about the services offered by Challenge Fitness is now under this section
I have been working hard and following Government guidelines (and continue to do so) on how to ensure when you come for a treatment, 1-2-1 Pilates or to class you and I are safe. I am equipped with PPE and have made changes to my appointment and class schedule to allow for more time between clients and classes for extra cleaning of equipment, mats etc.
Prior to your first appointment or class with me now (effective from 20 July 2020 ) you will receive an email advising all the new measures in detail and explaining what you need to do, plus the relevant forms re additional health questions and a disclaimer. There’s a lot to read and I assure you it is all relevant and for your safety and reassurance.
Challenge Fitness is Wendy Hamilton (MCMA), Pilates teacher, ACSM qualified and registered with CIMPSA instructor. Wendy is also an Emmett Practitioner, Emm-Tech tutor and Breast Cancer Rehab Coach. Wendy teaches Tai Chi Fit to cancer patients at My Cancer My Choices charity as a volunteer and has experience with teaching Pilates to cancer patients. Pilates classes in Wokingham and Sindlesham and online via ZOOM are offered.
The following services are offered:
- Pilates; group classes in Wokingham and Sindlesham plus “one on one” and “two on one” Pilates sessions
- Low back care programme – REPS level 4 qualified
- Exercise programme suitable for those with breast cancer and which are safe to do post surgery and during cancer treatment.
- Tai Chi Fit group classes – currently not taking place.
- Exercise programming for the independent older adult, including balance exercises to reduce the risk of falling
- Ante and post natal exercise
- Emmett Technique. A unique body therapy which has been shown to :
- relieve tensions resulting in feelings of improved comfort of the body
- result in the following typical responses; improved comfort and ease in the back, knees, neck, shoulders etc
- enhance mood
- Emm-Tech short courses (one day)
CHALLENGE FITNESS PHILOSOPHY
For me, fitness and health is a passion. Bodies love to move. I work with each person as an individual, to determine and achieve your health and fitness goals. I look at the whole person, not just a part and so your work-life balance, objectives and nutrition are all considered. I also have a network of other professionals to whom I can refer if necessary.
One aspect unique to me as a Pilates instructor in Wokingham is that I am also an Emmett practitioner. By looking at how you move, where you feel tension perhaps due to injury or habit I can apply Emmett therapy to improve how your body functions/feels. It is a powerful combination when added to Pilates/back care exercises.
I’ll work with you to:
- learn/ practise Pilates and improve posture and instil a feeling of well being
- achieve your objectives
- improve balance, stability, mobility
- relieve tension and feel greater comfort in your body and emotional well-being
Corporate training days for both Pilates and Tai Chi Fit are also offered. Enhance your employees well being and reduce stress levels by introducing such sessions into the workplace or for team building or other corporate days.
For further information email: email@example.com or phone 07951 922750