Sometimes group courses are not what you immediately need or want. Where this is the case, I offer “one on one” or “two on one” Pilates instruction.
I find such sessions particularly beneficial if you are recovering from an injury and need more intensive instruction or are simply new to Pilates and want to fully understand and practise the principles of the exercises and with good technique. It can take time to become accustomed to the exercise (and yes, this can be frustrating sometimes).
I’m always happy to liaise with your medical practitioner , eg physiotherapist, if you agree, to ensure your injury/rehab is completely understood. Sometimes the message is lost if too much technical jargon is given to you. It is much more effective if we work as a team to create the optimum exercise programme for you. Everything is confidential of course.
Also, some people find it difficult to commit to a class and so individual tuition is ideal as sessions are structured to fit around your schedule/needs. I work with each client as an individual – there is no “one size fits all” approach and I believe that is one of my strengths.
Many people find they try a Pilates DVD or read a book first and then find themselves confused or not really understanding what they are hearing or unsure how they should “feel” an exercise. A couple of individual sessions can really help to understand the Pilates principles and so obtain more benefit from this exercise discipline. I would also state that it is very easy to cheat with Pilates so then you find the exercises are not effective or efficient. One common pitfall is “abdominal bracing” whereby you try too hard using the wrong abdominal muscles (or other muscles) trying to get the fastest result and are left wondering why the exercises do not change your body shape or strength. Pilates can also enhance physical performance and balance. It also has an excellent effect on circulation, lymphatic movement and overall body strength and alignment.
I use Emmett therapy in my Pilates sessions, if necessary, which can quickly improve range of movement and reduce pain and discomfort. The outcome is often immediate and I have experienced many clients saying “wow” at the result!
Individual tuition can address all of the above and more and in fact is a good investment of your time and money.
You may wish to consider sharing session(s) with a friend providing you are of a similar level.
Cost is £60.00/hour.
Sessions cancelled without 24hrs notice (unless Covid 19 related) may incur a cancellation fee of £30 or a session forfeited.
There are several things you need to do and be aware of before coming for an appointment.
By coming to the appointment you are doing so at your own risk and accept that I am acting within the current guidelines and best practise. In the unlikely event of your contracting the virus as a result of attending the appointment you accept that I will not be held liable.
- Prior to your appointment you will receive an email from me outlining the new measures (including hygiene and sanitisation steps taken)and what to expect in order to be “Covid 19 safe”. Plus you will need to sign a Health Screening Questionnaire which will arrive with the email.
- Please do not come if you are unwell, I will not charge a cancellation fee if you need to cancel within 24 hours of your appointment if this is the case.
- If you or anyone that you have been in contact with have had Covid-19 related symptoms within 2 weeks of your appointment please let me know and we can reschedule.
- Please wear a face covering when you arrive and throughout your treatment if you wish. This however is not required for Pilates 1-2-1 during the Pilates exercise although you are welcome to wear a mask if you wish. I will be wearing a face shield and mask for your further protection as 1-2-1 is deemed to be close contact albeit there is more than a 1m + distance for the majority of the time.
- Bring only what you need to the appointment.
- Hand sanitising gel is provided to use on arrival and on exit. You are welcome to bring your own as then it is one less item to touch. It is highly recommended you wash your hands at the earliest opportunity following the appointment.
- Please bring some water to drink as alas none can now be provided.
For further information call Wendy on 07951 922750 or